2 medium zucchini
1 pound ground sausage
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
½ medium onion, chopped
1 tablespoon minced garlic
1 teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ cup chicken broth
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut your zucchini in half, length wise.
2. Using a spoon or melon-baller, scoop out the zucchini so it becomes a shell for the fillings. Chop up the zucchini that you scooped out of the skins.
3. In a pan saute your onions, garlic, and scooped zucchinion medium heat.
4. Mix in your spices.
5. Turn the heat up to medium-high then add in the sausage.
6. Once the sausage has cooked, mix in your cheese, cooking until it melts. Divide the cooked zucchini and sausage mixture equally among the zucchini shells.
7. Top with some more cheese and place into a casserole dish.
8. Pour a ½ cup of chicken broth into the bottom of the dish.
9. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes.
This makes a total of 4 servings of Zucchini Boats.
5.82g Net Carbs